Monday, December 1, 2008

Purpose.

I have decided (obviously) to start a blog, and I thought I'd share the reasoning behind it.

I have discovered fairly recently that I have an inherent, or maybe not so inherent, craving for knowledge, whether it be academic or otherwise, that drives me. I am fascinated by the expansiveness of the realm of knowledge, and, in attempt to feel slightly bigger, in the scheme of things, than a grain of salt, I push myself to absorb as much as possible... most of the time.
It rationalizes my obsessive facebook stalking, as crazy as it sounds. Either that or I just procrastinate to the extreme, which I have no doubts is completely true, but I digress.

I think, though, that this logic works in vice versa. I like to be, and sometimes need to be, in touch with the world, but the world should in turn be in touch with me. We are nothing if our surroundings don't recognize our presence. It, in a round-about way, references the anecdote, "If a tree falls in the forest, but no creature is around to hear it, does it actually make a sound?"
We gain perspective from feedback, and if feedback doesn't exist, we remain secluded to our own fantasies rather than the reality of the world as a whole.

End rant. Stay classy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay for blogging =D